No really….I do. It’s amazing how very, very much…
I. annoy. myself.
- I love twitter, but I’ve come to realize I use too many exclamation points and LOL’s in my tweets. Additionally, I am a serial smiley face poster when commenting. I need to find new and varied ways to express myself. For realz.
- I am a tech moron. It takes me hours to figure out how to make plugins work properly. For those of you who helped me through my latest plug-in fiasco….you are true friends. (Ahem….@bellebeandog @WheelchairMommy @DailySugarMama @jessicatorres4 and @CrunchyNavyWife and @Scary Mommy) I’m pretty sure the five person drop in my twitter following confirms just how annoying I was pursuing help with said plug-in fiasco.
- When I’m preparing my meals, everything has to be prepped properly before I can start to eat. This is most annoying in a restaurant where they don’t pre-cut the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes for me on the salad. So I have to cut each one, then cut the lettuce, THEN I can pour on the dressing and proceed to eat. By the time I’m done prepping, my military hubby who’s been through bootcamp and the Naval Academy has finished his meal in mere seconds. Ok minutes. Needless to say, the whole family is often waiting on me.
- I tend to talk really fast…I’ve been able to ignore this issue until recently when I had to listen to my own voice on an interview replay for a magazine article I was writing….needless to say, I couldn’t type fast enough to transcribe all of my motor-mouthness. My closest friends have been kind enough not to ditch me due to this problem, but it needs work. I’m not gonna lie. However, I really should be talking LESS when conducting an interview, because, you know….quoting myself doesn’t really work.
- When I am preparing to cook chicken, I wash my hands like 50 times through the process because I’m so paranoid about Salmonella. I’ll wipe the snot from under one of the twin’s noses with my sleeve and not bat an eyelash but chicken slime requires continuous washings because in my mind if I touch a handle on a door or the faucet I’ll spread mass sickness through my house. I’m not OCD or a hypochondriac……the baby snot proves that…..I think.
- I have a hard time getting things done. I’ll start the laundry in one room, after starting something on the stove. After I complete my laundry task, I often find the item I was cooking on the stove burnt or boiling over. Awesome. I need to work on my Mommy-brain issue. It’s becoming a real problem.
So lately, I’ve been getting on my own nerves….does this ever happen to you? Or do you just love yourself as you are? Perhaps I need to just accept me for all my little quirks. Most days I do try to pat myself on the back for what I do well. Most days I keep (and write here) about keeping the “glass half full”. But occasionally, I just roll my eyes at….you know…..myself.